mLeMan aims to develop and mainstream Europe wide skills recognition and qualification service for m-learning managers, and other individual management level charged with evaluating sourcing or implementing m-learning solutions. Proposal is made in the context of growth of m-learning because of m-technology development and availability, and qualifications and programs paucity at managerial (as premise and stimulus to design and development levels) levels in the field. Outputs:
- Skills set for the job role of m-Learning Manager according to the needs of m-learning market and taking into account VET and qualifications systems changes such as the shift to learning outcomes and competence-based systems;
- m-Learning Manager Training Program: units of learning outcomes (LOs), LOs and steps of LOs, multimedia learning resources in the form of task for performance in four languages;
- DALA System (Development, Assessment, Learning, Assessment) with functions: set skills card, self assessment, create a learning portfolio, check learning references, attend courses online;
- Report with the results from the training and conclusions about DALA effectiveness, learnability and relevance to the specific vocational skills of m-learning market;
- Dissemination-certificates issued by EU Certificates Association (www.eu-certificates.org).
Qualification and Certification
European Qualification Framework
mLeMan certification and training systems comply with guidelines for European Qualification Framework, aimed to assure that trainings offered all over Europe are comparable in relation to content and outcomes.
Accreditation of exam organizations, training organizations and trainers assure that the same level of service quality is assured all over Europe.
The ECQA Certified mLearning Manager is one of the many ECQA job roles, for which this certification and training schema is effective all over Europe. The ECQA is a non-profit association and provides an examination and certification system. Training is provided by several authorised bodies.
Certification as Proof of Knowledge
Course attendees can take the ECQA mLearning Manager exam that is based on clearly defined performance criteria. The exam is managed by an ECQA online test system. After successfully passing the exam, attendees receive an ECQA® mLearning Manager Certificate.
The Training Comprises 3 Units with 7 Elements
- mLeMan.U1 Pedagogical Aspects of mLearning
- mLeMan.U1.E1 Mobile learning characteristics and design principles
- mLeMan.U1.E2 Devices and content
- mLeMan.U1.E3 Learning theories & approaches in mLearning
- mLeMan.U2 Mobile Learning Tools and Technologies
- mLeMan.U2.E1 mLearning Content Development – main concepts
- mLeMan.U2.E2 Technological Layers in mLearning
- mLeMan.U3 mLearning Management
- mLeMan.U3.E1 Needs analysis
- mLeMan.U3.E2 Innovation and Business Management
Costs for Exam
Exam after the course
The examination subsequent to a training by an accredited training provider will be free of cost for the attendee in the trial phase of the EU project. The cost of the external certifier ECQA will be covered by the EU project with no cost for attendees.
Please register first in the system: Register here
You can register in the online learning system for self assessment and to attend the courses from here.
Contact Points for ECQA mLearning Manager Education / Job Role Committee Members:
PU - Plovdiv University "Paisii Hilendarski", Bulgaria - Prof.Nevena Mileva, nevena.mileva(at)gmail.com
ISCN - International Software Consulting Network, Austria - Richard Messnarz, rmess(at)iscn.com
London Metropolitan University, United Kingdom - Carl Smith, carl.smith(at)londonmet.ac.uk
eXact Learning Solutions, Italy - Fabrizio Giorgini, f.giorgini(at)exact-learning.com
TEPOLSoftS Ltd., Bulgaria - Mihail Milev, mmilev(at)tepolsofts.com